Gigabyte will launch a similar device to that of Raspberry Pi, it is called GA-SBCAP3350. Well, they are not going to win any awards for the name but the tiny motherboard has some interesting little features for those who want a small PC for their projects.
It is essentially a motherboard with a CPU soldered on it.
- The CPU used is Intel Celeron N3350 CPU (Apollo Lake family), which is a dual-core chip clocked to 1.1GHz with turbo boost up to 2.4GHz.
- It measures 146 x 102mm (twice the size of Raspberry Pi at 85 x 56mm )
- It is built with a Copper PCB design and a large aluminium heat spreader.
- It has a single DDR3L SO-DIMM slot which can be extended up to 8gb and a mini PCI e slot for plugging in an mSATA SSD drive.
- A half-length Wi-Fi card can also be added.
There are two standard SATA connectors as well.
Tackling my everyday life, being a PC peasant (potato PC). Looking for peace in the blissful though intoxicating world of gaming and PC news.